Saturday, February 4, 2012

Man up.

Author Douglas Wilson defines true masculinity as “the glad assumption of responsibility.” Man I pray to be a man of true Godly masculinity. I want to be a man who takes on the glad assumption of Godly responsibility in His life. I want to be a true Christ follower, a true spiritual leader, a never ceasing prayer warrior. One who seeks council in You. One who can help others in their ways, yet strong enough and humble enough to pray for himself to not lose His. I want to be a man truly dependent on God and willing to accept help from those He puts around me. I want to be a man stripped of all earthly pride, but takes heavenly pride in His Father. I want to give myself up for others, especially for my wife so God chooses to bless me with one, one day. As scripture says I want to be able to say I love her and others as Christ loved the church and give Himself up for the church. I want to be able say every day that today is His and for His glory. I want my life to be all about Him. I want to be a leader, a decision maker, but one that is wise enough first to listen and trust God, secondly to be humble enough to ask and accept advice. Most importantly, I don't want to ever disappoint You. I want to make You proud. I know the beauty is You're so loving and merciful, that I'll never hear the words I'm disappointed in or ashamed of you. But I want to do as my life verse says in Acts 20:24, "However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace." I want to go so hard after, following You; that the day You call me home, I arrive collapsing, short of breathe, only to be lifted up and find rest in You from the words "Welcome Home Adam. Well done my good and faithful servant".

These might be a lot of standards to hold myself up to, but it is the life I feel called to live by Him. I don't see how I can live life any other way but His. I know I'm far from being there, to be honest I might or might not achieve these standard at all at some point, if ever; but God, through Your power and guidance I will strive, I will strive.


Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night. - Psalm 1:1-2

How can a young person stay on the path of purity? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Praise be to you, LORD; teach me your decrees. With my lips I recount all the laws that come from your mouth. I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches. I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways. I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word. - Psalm 119:9-16

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything in love. - 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Be Blessed,
- Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment