Monday, April 9, 2012

Reflections.

So I've had a few posts on my mind as of late, that due to long reflections I just never posted, but I sit here tonight at a point of reflection. I sit reflecting on one amazing weekend. You see amazing has been a common theme for me as of late, and I truly must say it is because of an AMAZING God! I sit here on the evening after Easter, truly reflecting. As I sit and reflect, I must say I think I'm just awestruck at what God is doing and done in me, around me, through me.

Before I arrive at my reflections, I'm at a point of simultaneous confusion. Let me clarify, I shouldn't be happy in my present situation. I won't go in to much detail, but my personal life/family life is in utter turmoil. In a matter of weeks, my life has become an absolute mess. I d to believe I should have every right to be angry, bitter, withdrawn, crushed, down, cold, and many other negative adjectives. That leads to my point of confusion, for I am none of those things and it makes no sense. In that lack of understand is where I arrive at a point of beauty.

I am at an absolute loss for words for my God. My tears have been shed, though they have been tears of pure joy. I am overwhelmed, I am caught up in the avalanche that is the love of God. I leave this Easter weekend realizing the blessings and current body of work that God has put in motion. Man, I am just grateful, I am so unbelievably blessed. I am going through hell, but the fire is refining me and I praise God for it. I give all the praise for the past month, all to God and God alone. I have seen God shown up in such a big way amidst the storm. What has kept me at peace is remembering scripture and studying scripture. I have been constantly relating to Mark 4:35-41, where Jesus amidst a storm that had the disciples in a state of panic was found in peace. You see while that storm was causing chaos, Jesus was found sound asleep. After the panic, they went and woke Jesus as if Jesus didn't know. He calmly rebuked the storm, displaying His power. When I recall that, I can't seem to relate in a way to the disciples. But this time around I'm not panicking, I have taken refuge in knowing Jesus is on my ship. And with Jesus is on my ship and He says He will get me from point A to point B, it might not be the way I think but I will get there to point B. I have my faith in You!

I refuse to do anything but give glory and praise to God. Over the time of this chaos that has been my life, I have seen answers to many of my prayers. I just want to thank Him! God I love you and thank You for so faithful to an undeserving mess. I have felt such an embrace by others around me, that has purely screamed the name Jesus. I have felt God's embrace through His angels that are my brothers and sisters in Christ. I thank you to my TP family, I thank you for being receptive to God's calling, to showing me and family His love, and for the prayer that has come without ceasing. It has been through you guys that I have been able to hold up strong, of course through the power of Christ. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being the people that God has called you to be.

God, You are so faithful. I thank You for the salvation that has brought me hope, an inexplicable hope. Thank You for filling me with the joy that only You can bring. I have never been more certain in You and Your power. I have seen You reveal and work in me. Praise, Praise, Praise be to You!

I have been seeking Jesus to be the center of my life, I have seen God is able! I have seen in Him there is hope! I have seen peace is His name! I have seen unity is only found in His presence. I have seen God's love in action, I have experienced it. I have seen that God is ready to rock, ready to use me, and I stand here surrendered to do with me what He may. I have come to God out of pure desire and not out of desperation, though I stand in desperate need of renewed mercies upon my life.

I really wanted to rant on Easter, giving some sort of message and maybe I will, but I feel no stronger message than testifying to God's grace in action in my life. I want to encourage you to first come truly surrendered to Him; secondly to surrender everything going on to Him, and thirdly to trust that He is able to overcome! I believe in a mighty big God capable of mighty big things. I stand full of hurt, of pain, of uneasiness. More importantly though I stand forgiven, I stand proudly abounding in His love, but I most importantly humbly kneel, bowing to Him.

Praise be to God, are four words I will not stop proclaiming and I pray they would become an every moment piece of vocabulary for your life. Thank You God.

with love,
- Adam



Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you,  In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.


- 1 Peter 1:3-9

No comments:

Post a Comment