Saturday, March 26, 2011

Trademark

From the inside out.
I named my blog from the inside out with good reason, it is the very cry of my heart. As I dwell on that thought, I try to think what it truly means to me. Why is it the cry of my heart? It's what I need. I pray daily that the Lord consumes me from the inside out. That He sets this heart of mine ablaze with a passion that oozes out of every crevice of me and pours out to the world. But, what does it mean for God to consume from the inside out? What does it mean for anything to consume us from the inside out?

Well every thing that we pour out, every thing that we do, it all stems from the inside, our souls. We act upon how we feel and what we believe inside. That is why I pray daily that God consumes me from the inside out. It can't be any other way. We can't be true good Christians, if God isn't consuming us. If He isn't at our heart constantly, we're going to act out of our ambitions and not out of His will.

It isn't easy though, to allow God to consume you from the inside out. It's a battle to fight your selfish desires and the trouble of life to stay focused at all times. Some times we pray, God consume me, fill my cup. Sigh, fill my cup; how I beg Him to fill my cup. The problem, my cup isn't clean. So He fills my cup constantly but I got smudges and dirt in my cup, that ruin His filling. It's no wonder that I screw up often. It's no wonder that we all fall constantly. We need to work to wipe our cup clean, and keep it clean. When we accept Him in to our hearts, He wiped our cup squeaky clean. Then we dirty our cups over and over, as we beg, fill it up please. What good is it going to do to fill it up with something so precious, in a cup that needs to be wiped clean again. We got to wipe the cup clean, well ask Him to wipe it and help us keep it clean.

Consume me Lord, but I'm going to go do this too. Consume me Lord, but I plan on doing that today. What are we doing? We have a precious cup in our body, the more we fill it up with nonsense, how much is it going to help when we try to mix Him in there. He wants nothing to do with our nonsense, it just doesn't blend. No wonder, most people have such intense internal struggles. Keep our bodies, our cup, clean! So when we ask Him to fill our cup, we need to be asking to remove the things that dirty our cups and corrupt what He is trying to fill. He needs to be the only thing that consuming us from the inside out. When He isn't the only thing being poured in, He isn't going to be the only thing poured out. I'm not sure about you, but I want nothing but my life to testify Him. That is why this is my prayer, the cry of my heart and soul; that He be the only thing to consume from the inside out.


However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace. - Acts 20:24


with love,
- Adam






My heart and my soul, I give You control
Consume me from the inside out, Lord
Let justice and praise become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame

And the cry of my heart
Is to bring You praise
From the inside out
Lord, my soul cries out








No comments:

Post a Comment