Monday, May 16, 2011

So long, farewell


"A friend is a hand that is always holding yours, no matter how close or far apart you may be. A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care. A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart."

Brotherhood is something I've learned to truly cherish. I don't mention names normally on my blog, but today I will. Earlier this week I lost a brother of mine, Jason. Before you freak out, no he didn't pass away or anything like that. This week he moved to Kansas City. So I just wanted to share a little bit. Unfortunately this move came in a time that is selfishly disappointing, but yet so perfectly encouraging. It sucks because over the last few months, he has been one of the friends that has never left my side. He is someone whom I consider like a brother. He is one of the few that truly believes in me; that truly encourages me constantly. He is one of the quickest to call me out and tell me to stop pouting and get up to live to my potential. As much as it stinks that he is gone, it has been one of the greatest encouragement to date in my life. It is a real life representation of Jeremiah 29:11, when the Lord declares that He has a plan for us and our futures; and it's a plan to prosper us not to harm us. This comes to fruition through putting your faith and trust in Him. When you seek Him in prayer, when you depend on Him, when you seek His plan for your life, He answers. It was encouraging to see the whole process of how God worked in Jason's life. The things that happened that seemed like such a disappointment at times, turned out leading and allowing for the present to occur. It was honestly amazing and humbling to witness. I pray I can trust God like so. To trust the plans He has for me, to trust to follow His paths and not mine. I know it is what I want, I know it truly is the desire of my heart to live a life that testifies to His name and glory. Simultaneously, I know how quick I can fall due to my pride and selfishness. This is why I pray I can selflessly follow His call when it comes as Jason did. Thank You my Lord for presenting me an example of the sacrifice if need be necessary to follow You. To surrender fully my ideas and adapt to Your call. Thank you Jason for allow God to use and move you. Dude, I miss you; and that is just the beginning to describe the void left by your departure. I pray that God continues to use you, move you, groom you to what He needs. I pray you continue to have a willing spirit. I know, as you tell me often, that God is going to use you in a mighty way up there. Continue running the good race my brother, and let this all be a great example to others and myself. Keep Him first in all things.

with love as always,
- Adam

"Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget"




 "Still I won't say goodbye, won't ever say goodbye. And know that I'll always be your friend."


No comments:

Post a Comment